SPECIALISED PREGNANCY MASSAGE
The benefits of pregnancy massage:
Recent medical journals have published positive results from massage therapy during pregnancy.
- Reduced anxiety and improved mood
- Better sleep
- Less back pain
- Reduced norepinephrine levels (stress hormones)
- Fewer complications in labour
In addition, one of the most exciting findings shows that women massaged during pregnancy had babies with fewer post-natal complications and a lower rate of prematurity.
WHAT CAN IT TREAT?
- Relief from muscle cramps, spasms, and myofascial pain, especially in the lower back, neck, hips, and legs.
- Increase in blood and lymph circulation, which can reduce swelling.
- Reduces stress on weight-bearing joints.
- Improves outcome of labour and eases labour pain.
- Enhances the pliability of skin and underlying tissues, reducing the appearance of stretchmarks
- Provides support for the new mother with physical and emotional strains of mothering.
Book your massage today with our pregnancy massage therapist.
- Full body maternity massage €60
- Yummy Mummy Back & Tummy massage €35
- Tummy masque to help prevent stretch marks €20
- Lymphatic drainage massage to legs & feet, helps with swollen ankles €30
- The Smoothie, A gentle and effective all over exfoliation of your skin to stimulate cell regeneration – increasing skin strength and elasticity. Followed by a relaxing massage… All that and you get gorgeous glowing skin – €90
- Free your mind, A cooling eye compress combined with a gentle face and head massage will release cranial and jaw tension followed by a deep neck and shoulder massage – €45
- Mother to be packages available in salon